Alternate Titles: Bloomsbury Drama Online
Connect to Resource
Drama Online is an award-winning digital resource designed for literature and drama courses.
Subscribed collections include:
- Core Collection: Originally created by Bloomsbury Publishing and Faber and Faber, the Core Collection currently includes over 1,700 playtexts from Methuen Drama, The Arden Shakespeare, and Faber and Faber. The platform also includes 700 images from the Victoria and Albert Museum and American Shakespeare Centre
- Nick Hern Books Modern Plays: Over 570 modern plays from specialist theatre publisher Nick Hern Books featuring pre-eminent playwrights including Howard Brenton, Jez Butterworth, and Caryl Churchill.
- Playwrights Canada Press: Over 175 plays from established and emerging Canadian playwrights including Daniel Maclvor, Hannah Mosovitch, and Colleen Murphy.
- The RSC Live Collection: The Royal Shakespeare Company creates theatre at its best. Made in Stratford-upon-Avon and shared around the world, the RSC produces an inspirational artistic programme each year, setting Shakespeare in context alongside the work of his contemporaries and today’s writers.
- National Theatre Collections: the National Theatre Collections 1 and 2 offer a total of 50 filmed performances, including NT Live broadcasts and high-quality archive recordings.
Access open only to UBC students, faculty, staff and on-site Library users (other restrictions may apply)
Research or Private Study? Yes
Learning Management System? Yes
Text and Data Mining? No
Alumni Access? No
Tell me more »